Friday, 30 September 2011
Accessory Queen – Julia Stegner dons crimped hair and even bolder accessories for the October edition of Vogue Japan. Lensed by Katja Rahlwes, Julia slips into the season’s trend of bold prints and pumped up volume with decadent designs selected by fashion editor Sissy Vian. Wearing Giambiasta Valli, Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana and others, Julia matches the decor with standout looks that pop.
Ricci’s Sweet Spring – Nina Ricci had shades of classic nobility with models donning egg-shaped, straw enclosure hats as they took to the runway in designer Peter Copping’s elegantly sweet creations. Inspired by the textile work of Zina de Plagny, Copping offered up a showing of ladylike dresses with lingerie undertones in textures of lace, leather jackets and crystal appliqué. Silhouettes were classic, taking a cue from the ’60s and Ricci’s archives.
Singer JORDIN SPARKS and KIM K were both seen in this white ALEXANDER McQUEEN dress while out and about in L.A. we think KIM K wins hands down for adding a pop of color with red clutch and sky high platforms and also a killer blow dry!!!
I hade to share this recipe first because I love cupcakes , eating and making:))....my first ever cupcakes made from scratch were red velvet cupcakes! I just love the rich red color of these cupcakes and the cream cheese frosting is yummy too!!!
1 ¼ cup of all Purpose Flour
2 Tbsp of Cocoa Powder
½ tsp of Baking Powder
½ tsp of Baking Soda
¼ tsp of Salt
¼ cup of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
¾ cup of Granulated sugar
¾ cup of Buttermilk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
Red food Coloring
For the frosting,
2 Cups of Powdered Sugar
4 oz of Cream Cheese, softened at room temperature
2 Tbsp of Unsalted Butter, softened at room temperature
1 Tbsp of Milk
1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
1) Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a muffin pan with cup cake liners and set aside.
2) In a small bowl mix together the first 5 ingredients and set aside.In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the sugar and butter, add the egg and vanilla and mix until well combined and creamy.
3) With the mixer running on low, add half of the dry ingredients and half of the buttermilk, make sure its combined and add the remaining dry ingredients and buttermilk making sure to combine everything together but not over mixing.Using a spatula mix the batter from the bottom to make sure nothing is left stuck to the side of the bowl, add enough food coloring to get the desired red color for your cupcakes.
4) Using a large ice cream scoop, scoop the batter evenly in your prepared pan and bake for 18 to 22 minutes or until when you insert a toothpick in the center it comes out clean.Let the cupcakes cool completely.
5) To make the frosting simply put all the frosting ingredients into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until well combined and it has the consistency of a thick frosting.Frost the cupcakes either with a little spatula or using a disposable piping bag fitted with a plain large tip.
6) Let cool in the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes to set a little before serving (if you can resist them anyway)
P.s. Please keep checking by inserting the toothpick into the cupcakes else u might not get moist cupcakes!!! As for the perfect red color , sometimes u might have to use the entire bottle of liquid red food color!
Having a pram or a stroller is a must for any mommy on the go! When I had my first kid I searched for many and I bought a mothercare pram( a fancy one that too) and I just wasn't satisfied! Somehow I managed with it till my lil one turned a year old. Then we came across this pink and brown McLAREN stroller and bought it immediately!! It was perfect with it's adjustments, safety harness and most importantly it was very very light! It's perfect for travel, especially during those security checks....u can just close it with one hand and it's so light to carry!!! It comes in many colors too! When I had my second baby I got my lil boy a red color one! I use the model QUEST SPORT for both my kids! It's perfect for kids from 3 months to I think 4 years!
Suitable for babies from 3mths up to a maxium weight of 15kg (approx 3 years)
Lightweight aluminium frame
Lockable front swivel wheels
4-position padded seat
Foam grip ergonomic handles
Tilting hood with storage pocket and 99% UV protective viewing window
Carry handle for convenient lifting
Extendable leg rest
Reflective panels for evening safety
Folded: 104 x 27 x 25cm
Unfolded: 104 x 82 x 34cm
Handle height: 104cm
Basic weight (without hood, basket & rain cover): 5.2kg
Thursday, 29 September 2011
Ferrè’s Pared Down Spring – In a season of many prints and colors, the Gianfranco Ferrè spring 2012 collection is quite refreshing with its monotone dresses and minimal accessories. The Italian label offered up sleek silhouettes that were loose-fitting yet featured feminine curves. Most of the thirty-plus looks were cinched at the waist and showcased impeccable tailoring in hues of ivory, nude and spring brights.